I’ve kept the brain cells churning after yesterday’s post regarding happiness. And I’ve arrived at the conclusion that I am indeed a simple girl. Because when I list the things that make me happy, or at the very least with force my mouth in an upwards motion, there’s not a lot on that list that isn’t easily accessible.
Here’s my top ten little things:
10. The perfect hot drink. I’m a coffee girl through and through, but tea also has a place. But whatever the beverage, a hot drink warms you up from the inside out. Todd Carney should give that a go.
9. Cloud spotting. Cloud porn is awesome. A mate of mine is the king of cloud photos. Check him out here. The best thing about clouds is that they are there even if you don’t notice them. On cloudy days, anyway.
8. Watching the dogs interact with life. Totally hilarious, often touching, and guaranteed to make me grin like a loon.
7. The current strawberry scented soy melt in the oil burner. Oh My God. Here is where you can buy them.
6. Immature, yes, but that moment when you know there is a big belch brewing, and you find someone to do it in front of. The awkward silence that follows such an act is another favourite of mine.
5. Texting, talking, emailing with the frigging awesome people in my life. Particularly the once who have moved interstate. Miss your arses.
4. Too much wool and yarn. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH. But I can get a ball for less than $3 and make a beanie or a beard and be a happy camper. This get up is similar to one of the prizes on The Naughty Corner Facebook comp.
3. Cooking. Particularly baking. Banana and blueberry masterpiece:
2. My people. My sister, my adopted sisters, my besty. My dear Dad. The aunts and the uncles and the cousins and the brother and much longed for. My beautiful beloved, who loves me even when I am a moody horrible git.
1. Life. Because I’ve realised it’s actually pretty damn good.
What are your little things? What makes you smile?