I’m not sure if it’s the ex-school teacher in me or just the fact that I love attention, but I am thrilled to buggery to announce that I have been awarded this:
Since starting on this blogging jaunt, I’ve come to know a few awesome people. It’s great. One of these people is the totally hilarious and very clever Baroness Lesbiana Von Lichtenclit. The Baroness writes Pucker Up Buttercup, a blog that often has me chuckling away, safe in the knowledge that being a lesbian is OK. She brings sexuality into the ‘normal’ realm, and even better, she does it as a gay woman. The Baroness nominated me for this award, and to her I pledge my allegiance, my good favour, my third panda hat.
I am now obliged to tell you seven interesting things about myself, and then nominate some other bloggers. To those bloggers, your instructions are at the end of this post.
1. I’ve played the guitar for more then twenty years. I started in year seven. I’m now one of those disgusting people who can hear a song and then play it back to you.
2. I’m a little bit accident prone. I’ve fallen into sewage pits, been hit by falling trees and trucks, broke my leg hanging out washing and accidentally stabbed myself with a knife while building a flat pack for my sister.
3. One of my very fondest memories from my childhood is sitting at my granddad’s bar with him, drinking a shandy, and listening to him tell me rude jokes. I would have been around nine.
4. I love fart humour. My dad loathes it. This makes it even funnier.
5. I have an appalling habit of laughing at the wrong time. I accidentally laughed my granddad’s funeral, but only because the RSL representative said something that gave me a mental image that I had to giggle about. I’ll be curled up in bed with my beloved, and she’ll almost be asleep. Next minute, the bed is shaking and I am snorting with glee because I’ll have remembered something funny that happened maybe ten years ago.
6. I have never wanted to get married and have kids, even as a little girl. This the only memory I have of daydreaming about marriage: My husband and I have just gotten divorced and I have taken the baby with me and we are running away back to live with nan and granddad. They have a pool. I’ve just never wanted it. However, I do want the right to get married, should I change my mind.
7. I once accidentally stole a nashi pear from Woolworths. I got scared and ran back with it, but then got scared that I might still get arrested. So I left it on a bench just near the checkouts. I was 32 at the time (this was three years ago) and I am still riddled with guilt over it.
I’m apparently meant to nominate fifteen other blogs now. But I’m not going to – that’s too many. The instructions are copied direct from the delightful Baroness, but I reckon you should feel free to see them as suggestions.
Here’s my list of nominees…
And here are your instructions:
- Display the award certificate on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you
- Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know about their nomination with a comment
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
So, Baroness, I thank you. To the nominees, I salute you.
And to the coffee beside me?
I drink you.