Imagine the grin on my head when I found ouit I’d been awarded a Liebster. For those wondering if this is a good thing, it is. From what I can tell, it’s a peer to peer award, and I was bestowed the honour from the ever delightful Cate from A Travelling Cook.
Here is what I like about blogging: There is a community. We all write, we all try to do the best we can, and for the most part we all do it for free. You read our words, you like them or share them or comment on them or just back away slowly. Cate, who gave me this Liebster, has put in the time and effort to comment and like a heap of my posts. And as awesome as it is that people are reading, I reckon most bloggers will agree that the comments and real feedback really give you a whopping big boost.
If you’re a commenter or a liker, thanks. You remind me I’m not writing into a vast nothingness.
So! On with the Liebster show!
As a part of this award, Cate has asked me to answer ten questions. And I, in turn, will nominate some other bloggers to sport the Liebster badge and answer my own queries. And so the cycle will continue, recognising one blog at a time.
1. What are you reading at the moment?
I’m reading a sign on the bookshelves that says DREAMS COME TRUE. Do they? I think they might. But really, would we be thrilled if they did? I have a habit of entertaining nightmares while I sleep, and I wouldn’t be stoked if they came true. I’m hoping it’s the good dreams that come true.
2. What was the last meal you cooked?
Grilled foccacia sambos for my beloved and I.
3. What country have you always wanted to visit?
I want to go to the UK one day, but to be honest I bloody love Australia. I’d also like to go to New Zealand. My family is from England, so there’s the obligation to go and check out my roots.
4. Recommend a TV show or box set.
OK. I’m watching a couple of series at the moment: Orange is the New Black, and an Aussie drama called Devil’s Playground. They’re very different but both make a powerful statement about the prisons we live in. Ooooh how insightful was that! One is set in a women’s prison, the other is set against the backdrop of the Catholic church.
5. Your favourite way to relax?
Guitaring. Playing with the fur babies. Drumming. Repeat.
6. What is your favourite dish to cook?
Probably a soup that has become known as Special Soup. It’s comforting, warm, filling and easy. For those not in the know, it’s lamb shank and barley soup with a shitload of veges. The besty’s mum makes it, she taught me, now I make it. Everyone loves it. Here’s a pic:
Image by The Naughty Corner
7. Early bird or night owl?
Both. I love mornings and I seem to have a fondness for late nights. It’s a bit of a lose-lose situation, now I think of it.
8. What is your favourite fruit?
After years of saying “mango”, the time has come to be realistic: My favourite fruit is actually the mandarin, with a good red apple coming in a close second. Either a Gala or a Sundowner, though I am quite fond of Jonathans and Eves.
9. What’s your drink of choice?
I fear I am becoming a bore. I honestly like water. But it must be cold and preferably have ice in it or be partially frozen. I have recently developed a taste for Vodka, sadly. Slurpees (frozen coke) have also been known to rock my world.
10. What would you choose for your last meal?
Something that gives me shocking intestinal worms and explosive wind so that my final act is indeed the trump card to end all trump cards.
And now! The nominees are (apparently you can nominate up to 8)…
1. A Little Bit Purry
2. Cupcakes, Shoes and Other Things
3. Great Snaps, Good Times and Me
Here are your questions!
1. What are you wearing on your feet, and please prove it via a photo.
2. Why do you blog?
3. Complete this sentence: “If __________ read my blog I would be totally stunned and I would love to ask them _____________”
4. What was the last mess you made and did you clean it up or just pretend it never happened?
5. If you could only write about one topic for a month, what would you want that topic to be?
6. And what topic would you hate to write about for a month?
7. If blogging was done via pen and paper, would you still do it? How important is technology to blogging?
8. Have you ever unpublished a post? If so, why? If not, what would make you do so?
9. Who is your blogging hero?
10. Write a limerick about blogging.